I have, until recently, been obliged to put "Lego Harbor" on the back burner for many months. The thing is, I really get into the whole Lego movie making thing, and once I start, I really immerse myself in it, and tend to do things like forget to eat. And forget to pick my kids up from school. Basically there were just other things happening, and my ability to multi-task is about nil.
But...I have spent this past week working on it, and I've got most of the scenes completely finished. I even have the one where Dullard gets his kit off and dives into the water, which was a challenge. I find that I can visualize a scene a certain way, but when I try to do it that way, the scenery/set doesn't fit into the field of view they way I expected. It's good, though. I was worried that the animation wasn't as perfect as it could be, but one of my kids saw it, and told me I was not to redo it, because it's really funny as it is. So there you go. Dullard does a flip into the water, in mid-air!
I also did the scene where Dullard and Lucky are driving in the car, and meet Young Man for the first time. I managed to make them look convincingly like they are in a car, driving.
I couldn't sleep at all last night, because I have one scene where Young Man and Lucky are in the kitchen chatting for about two seconds, and I never recorded any audio for that. They definitely look like they are talking, though, so I'll have to record something.
Anyway, I'm feeling very good about this, because it's clear that it's going to be really awesome when it's done.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment